Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who has been showing his support for digitization since his demonetization initiative to block black money, has launched the BHIM app that will help boost digital payment.
The app is aimed at making India go cashless with citizens using this service to make quick payments using Unified Payment Interface.
Here are is quick guide for the usage of BHIM App.
1) The BHIM app is available on all Android devices, and the version for Apple devices or iOS platform is expected to be launched soon.
3) The app asks for no charges to make transactions.
4) Transactions can be made even if your bank account is not enabled for mobile banking.However, your mobile number will have to be registered with the bank.
5) Currently, only one bank can be linked.
6) After you download the BHIM app, it will verify your phone number. After the verification it will ask for setting up a BHIM PIN. You need to select the bank to your account and the app will automatically fetch your bank account details.
7) For sending money, you need to enter the phone number of the person who is going to receive the money. If there is no number or UPI ID, you can also send the money using bank account and IFSC code.
8) Besides sending and receiving money, you can also check your bank balance and transactions details through the BHIM app.
9) Customers can also download the QR code and merchants can easily print their QR Code for display.
10) The maximum limit for single transaction is Rs. 10,000 and overall Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.