Reliance Jio’s free voice calls offer in India has changed the game plan for leading telecom companies. As a result, existing companies, including Airtel, BSNL, Idea, Aircel and Vodafone, have started offering free voice calls.
While Jio unlimited calls and date required a 4G VoLTE-enabled smartphone, now people can still make calls without a Jio SIM, and also on a 3G or a 2G smartphone.
Users can download Jio4GVoice app to make free voice calls to any network. Reliance Jio extends its free calling, data benefits to 3G and 2G smartphone users via a handy Mi-Fi device called JioFi 2.
The JioFi2, which is priced at Rs. 1,999, and can connect up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices at once.
Guide to making free calls without a phone upgrade to 4G.
- Connect to JioFi 2 network using your smartphone’s Wi-Fi.
- Go to Google Play Store and download MyJio and Jio4GVoice app.
- Open MyJio app and tap Skip.
- If you are connected to JioFi network, you will be signed in automatically using the SIM card number inserted in the JioFi 2.
- Launch Jio4GVoice app and all your call logs and contacts will appear within the app.
- Start making free calls from Jio4GVoice.